If you’ve been charged with a DUI, you must find a lawyer to protect your driving privileges quickly! Being charged with an alcohol-related driving offense is serious and can affect your life for years to come. Proper representation is vital to securing a favorable outcome in your case. With Craig M. Divine, you’ll find a lawyer who has experience on both sides of the state line, and he’s sure to take care of you.
Craig M. Divine at Divine Law Office, LLC is experienced in handling many different types of criminal charges you may need from a defense attorney in Kansas and Missouri in the counties of Jackson, Johnson, Wyandotte, Clay, and Platte. Alcohol-related driving offenses are very time sensitive, and you must move quickly to get a request in for an administrative review hearing to keep yourself on the road. Having to find a lawyer is the first thing you need to do!
In both Kansas and Missouri, the limit for blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is .08. For reference, in a 200-pound man, one drink can produce a BAC of .02. If consumed over an hour, it will rise to .03. It takes two hours for a single alcoholic beverage to clear the bloodstream. For women, it takes even less alcohol to reach the legal limit. Knowing this, it’s easy to see how a few cups of holiday punch or spiked eggnog could end in disaster, even if you consumed them over the course of several hours. In addition, most people are unaware that you may be charged with DUI if a prescription drug you are taking impairs your driving ability. In addition, most people are unaware that you may be charged with DUI if a prescription drug you are taking impairs your driving ability. If you’ve been charged with a DUI or DWI, you need a defense attorney to help protect your rights and safeguard your driving privileges. To find a lawyer near you to help with your DUI, you can follow these steps:
- Online Search – Start by conducting an online search. Use keywords such as “DUI lawyer near me” or “DUI attorney [your city/town].”
- Local Bar Association – Check your local or state bar association’s website.
- Referrals – Ask for recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues who may have experience with DUI cases or know someone who does.
- Online Legal Directories – There are several online legal directories, such as Avvo, FindLaw, and Justia, where you can search for DUI lawyers in your area. These directories often provide information about the attorney’s background, experience, and client reviews.
- DUI Seminars or Events – Attend local DUI seminars or events where attorneys specializing in DUI defense may be present.
- Public Defenders – If you cannot afford a private attorney, you have the right to a public defender if you face criminal charges, including DUI. Contact your local public defender’s office to see if you qualify for their services.
- Free Consultations – Many DUI lawyers offer free initial consultations. Take advantage of these!
- Check Online Reviews – Look for reviews and testimonials from previous clients of the attorneys you are considering.
Finding the right DUI lawyer is essential to effectively navigate the legal process and potentially reduce the impact of DUI charges on your life. Take your time to research, meet with prospective attorneys, and choose someone you trust and feel confident in.
To find a lawyer in Kansas City to assist with your DUI charges, look to Craig Divine of the Divine Law Office, LLC. He has years of experience defending DUI cases in both Kansas and Missouri. You can schedule a free consultation using our online contact form or call us at (816) 474-2240 for an appointment.