A criminal defense lawyer represents and defends individuals and organizations charged with criminal offenses and works to protect their rights and interests. A criminal defense attorney should be contacted whenever you or a loved one has had a brush with the law, especially if you are facing serious criminal charges. Choosing a criminal defense lawyer shouldn’t be a chore – just look to Craig Divine!
The goal of a criminal defense lawyer is to achieve the best possible outcome for their client, whether that be a reduction in charges, a favorable plea bargain, or an acquittal. No matter what charges you are facing, Craig Divine at Divine Law Office, LLC has the experience and skill to put up an excellent defense for you while fighting for your rights. Hiring a criminal defense lawyer at the beginning of the process will save you more, and possibly even more significant, expenses further down the line. Depending on the nature of the charges against you, you will need a lawyer to help you navigate the legal system and safeguard your constitutional liberties. The sooner you reach out to an attorney, the better your chances are of avoiding a lengthy prison sentence.
A criminal defense attorney handles anything and everything that has you appear in a criminal court. They investigate the charges, review evidence, and negotiate plea bargains or represent their clients in court proceedings, including trials and appeals—from events such as simple traffic tickets to serious offenses like robbery and rape. Depending on the nature of the charges against you, you will need a lawyer to help you navigate the legal system and safeguard your constitutional liberties. Choosing a criminal defense lawyer is an important decision that can significantly impact the outcome of your case. Here are some steps you can take to help you choose the right criminal defense lawyer:
- Research and gather information: Start by researching attorneys in your area. Look for criminal law attorneys with experience handling cases like yours. You can use online directories, legal websites, and personal referrals to find potential attorneys.
- Check their credentials: Once you have a list of potential attorneys, check their credentials. Look for information about their education, experience, and track record of success in handling criminal defense cases. Consider their years of practice, courtroom experience, and whether they have handled cases like yours.
- Read client reviews and testimonials: Look for reviews and testimonials from previous clients. These can provide insights into the attorney’s reputation, communication skills, and ability to achieve favorable client outcomes.
- Schedule consultations: Many attorneys offer initial consultations for free or at a nominal fee. Take advantage of this opportunity to meet potential attorneys in person or through virtual meetings. During the consultation, discuss your case and ask questions to gauge their expertise, strategy, and compatibility. Pay attention to their communication style, attentiveness, and whether they show a genuine interest in your case.
- Assess their experience and specialization: Criminal law encompasses various areas, such as DUI, drug offenses, assault, white-collar crimes, etc. Consider whether the attorney has experience and expertise in handling cases related to your specific charges. An attorney with relevant experience will likely be better equipped to navigate the complexities of your case and develop an effective defense strategy.
- Evaluate their resources: Criminal defense cases often require extensive resources, including expert witnesses, investigators, and support staff. Inquire about the attorney’s access to these resources and how they intend to utilize them in your case. Adequate resources can strengthen your defense and improve your chances of a favorable outcome.
- Consider their reputation and relationships: Reputation and relationships within the legal community can play a significant role in criminal defense cases. Attorneys who are well-respected among judges, prosecutors, and other defense lawyers may have an advantage in negotiating plea deals or presenting your case effectively.
- Discuss fees and payment arrangements: It’s essential to understand the attorney’s fees and payment structure clearly. Discuss the attorney’s billing method (hourly or flat fee), any additional costs you may be responsible for (such as court filing fees), and the payment schedule. Make sure you are comfortable with the financial aspect of the attorney-client relationship.
- Trust your instincts: Ultimately, trust your instincts when deciding. Choose an attorney you feel comfortable with, someone you believe will passionately advocate for your rights and provide competent legal representation.
Having the best criminal defense lawyer in Kansas City to represent you will ultimately influence the outcome of your case. Servicing the counties of Jackson, Johnson, Wyandotte, Clay, and Platte, you need someone with exponential experience in defending a wide range of criminal charges to help you navigate the ins and outs of the criminal law system. A criminal defense attorney has established defenses that can help your case, whatever the severity. Contact Divine Law Office, LLC today for a FREE consultation at (816) 474-2240.