If you need to find a lawyer due to involvement in a car accident, Craig Divine of Divine Law, LLC can help! Having your life disrupted by an injury is scary and stressful. Even a minor car accident can lead to more significant problems, especially if there were injuries established at the time of the accident. Even if there were no injuries, don’t rule out talking to an attorney – if you’re at fault, it could mean the difference in whether you go to jail or remain free. With Craig M. Divine you’ll find a lawyer with experience on both sides of the state line, and he’s sure to take care of you.
Even car wrecks at slower speeds can have a lasting impact on you physically. Depending on how severe your injuries are, you might need medical treatment and physical therapy. If you are permanently disabled due to your injuries, you may also require other measures to help you lead an everyday life. As if this wasn’t enough to deal with, insurance companies (yours or the other driver’s) will use all the maneuvers they know to delay or avoid paying your claim because it is in their best interest to get you to settle the claim for the smallest amount of money possible. That’s why you should never sign anything from an insurance company, even your own, without consulting a lawyer.
These things should push you to find a lawyer, so you don’t settle with insurance until all treatments that might be needed from a wreck are completed. Sometimes we need a lawyer because an accident was our fault – whether the accident was due to drunk driving, distracted driving while in route to your employment, or for some other reason, it’s vital to your future well-being to find a lawyer. If you happen to be at fault, some steps you can take are:
1. Call 9-1-1 right away. Even with no visible severe injuries, you will need a police report to file a claim with insurance for the damage to your vehicle.
2. Don’t leave the accident scene until emergency responders arrive – even in a minor fender bender.
3. Prevent more accidents by protecting the scene of your car and whoever else is involved. Use your emergency flashers, flares, or a flashlight.
4. If you are injured, seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, some injuries may not be immediately visible.
5. To the best of your ability, tell the police exactly what happened. Tell only what you know! Do not guess or misstate any of the facts.
6. Take pictures of the accident scene, but do not interfere with the police when they arrive.
7. Obtain a police report number. You will need it later to access the physical police report. If an accident occurs on a state highway, you must request a report from the state police.
Even a minor fender-bender can cause serious injuries, some of which may not be noticed immediately. In the aftermath of a car accident, adrenaline is high, and you may be too concerned about others to notice your injuries or pain. If you are injured, at fault, or facing criminal charges due to your involvement in a car accident, you need to find a lawyer with the knowledge to fight for your rights and driving privileges. When you’re ready to find a lawyer who can take care of the entire process for you, call Divine Law, LLC. We will handle everything so you can focus on healing from your injuries, repairing or replacing your vehicle, and returning to your regular routine. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve, so you can regain your health and get on with your life. Licensed in Kansas and Missouri, we are proud to serve the Greater Kansas City Metro area, including Jackson, Johnson, Wyandotte, Clay, and Platte counties. Contact us today at (816) 474-2240 for a free consultation.