A minor accident is reason enough to find a lawyer in Kansas City. Hiring Craig M. Divine with Divine Law Office, LLC will find you a lawyer in Kansas City and surrounding areas that has experience in many areas. Even a minor car accident can lead to bigger problems, especially if there were injuries established at the time of the accident. Even if there were no injuries, don’t rule out talking to an attorney – if you’re at fault, it could mean the difference in whether you go to jail or remain free.
Even car wrecks at slower speeds can have lasting impact on you physically. Lower back pain is one of the most common car accident symptoms, even from a minor fender bender. This should push you to find a lawyer in Kansas City, so you don’t settle with insurance until all treatments that might be needed from a wreck are completed. Sometimes we need a lawyer because an accident was our own fault – whether the accident was due to drunk driving, distracted driving while in route to your employment, or for some other reason, it’s vital to your future well-being to find a lawyer in Kansas City. If you happen to be at fault, some steps you can take are:
- Call 9-1-1 right away. Even with are no serious visible injuries; you will need a police report to file a claim with insurance for the damage to your vehicle.
- Don’t leave the scene of the accident until emergency responders arrive – even in a small fender bender.
- Prevent more accidents by protecting the scene of your car and whoever else was involved. Use your emergency flashers, flares, or a flashlight.
- If you are injured, seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you’re hurt, some injuries may not be immediately visible.
- To the best of your ability, tell the police exactly what happened. Tell only what you know! Do not guess or misstate any of the facts.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, but do not interfere with the police when they arrive.
- Obtain a police report number, you will need it later to access the physical police report. If the accident occurs on a state highway, you must request the report from the state police.
The most important thing you should do after an accident is to find a lawyer in Kansas City who can protect your rights and make sure valuable evidence is not destroyed. Even a minor car wreck or truck collision can mean property damage to your car, personal injury, or injury to family members in addition to lost wages and medical bills. Craig M Divine is a personal injury lawyer dedicated to getting you out of these situations. Available to both sides of the state line, Craig has also tried DUI/DWI, assault, drug distribution and murder in Kansas and Missouri Courts. Contact Divine Law Office, LLC at 816-474-2240 for a free consultation if you have been involved in any accident in the Kansas City area.